Friday, September 28, 2012

Pucker Up

I love fall.  I really do.  Its my favorite season.  EXCEPT that my chronic chapped lips come back with a vengeance, made worse by even the slightest hint of dehydration.  For some mysterious reason, I spent virtually my entire childhood dehydrated, and my lips were frequently so chapped that they would crack and bleed.  It was so bad that my father bought me a grape flavored Bonnie Bell Lip Smacker and made me wear it around my neck on a string so that I would remember to reapply it constantly.  It helped, a bit, until my little sister ate it.

Anyway, things have changed quite a bit since then, but also not really all that much.  For one thing, who the heck uses grape anything?  But we still use beeswax based products on our lips (and hands, and feet....) all the time.  If you're like me, and are prone to monumentally chapped lips, you've probably tried everything.  And you probably think that pretty much nothing works.  I was you not so long ago.....layering Aesop Tuberose Lip Heal under something waxy kept desperation at bay, but nothing got rid of flakes and peeling.  Ugh.  Forget my beloved red lipstick, it just wasn't happening in season.

But then, then....I found.....salvation.  Salvation in the form of an outrageously priced pot of lip love.  Sarah Happ The Lip Slip.  I was in the Denver airport (yes, the Denver airport) suffering from a Defcon 5 chapped lips situation.  I could have been sold pretty much any snake oil at that point, but fortunately, the little beauty boutique carried Sarah Happ.  With much complaining (about the price, about the super-wasteful packaging) I bought it and greedily gooped it on, only to find that.....it worked.  It really worked.  No more cracks.  No more flakes.  No more peeling.  If I'm really in a bad way, I still layer my Aesop oil underneath, but then I'm guaranteed to be in good shape the next day, not just sub-optimal but almost manageable.  Sarah Happ, I love you.  Smooch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment