Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Goddess of Glamazonia

Or the image of self we all need to summon this time of year. Never mind the three parties we went to last night. Never mind that pile of work that needs to be done. Never mind that flab-tire collecting around our waists. We're off to conquer yet another holiday party!

Clutch stowed in utilitarian day bag? Check. Change of pumps? Check. Strategic jacket removal? Check. Now what about that face??

Ten hours in the office later, can't be fabulous, can it? I know mine isn't.  But I can look a LOT better without even stepping away from my desk.

First things first, have a big glass of water.  Then blot any oil from your nose, using oil blotting papers like these from Bobbi Brown.  (No residue!)  Perk up the skin under your eyes using a hydrating product that can be used over makeup.  I usually put oil on any dry or dull spots, like my cheeks and upper lip.  Then, hide any shadows under your eyes using a highlighter.  All-star of all time is YSL's.  Next, my secret weapon:  powder.  No, not any old powder, normally I wouldn't recommend it; it sinks into lines, makes your skin look dull.  THIS powder by Smashbox has zero glitter or shine, yet isn't at all matte.  It has a bit of coverage, but not too much.  Believe it or not, it hydrates.  Dust a bit on and you will look...amazing.  If I want to look like a diva, I dip my brush into a bit of gold powder too.

Set with water (yes, Eau Avene Thermale comes in handy again), add some eyeliner and brighter lipstick, and you're off.

No comments:

Post a Comment