Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Random Thought Bubble

But first, I have been totally absent.  Sorry, this work nonsense is....nonsense.  I will be better, I promise!

So I do a lot of shopping for skin, hair, nail stuff this time of year (no snide remarks like "when do you NOT buy lots of that stuff").  And the level of insanity that goes on in department and specialty stores has to be witnessed to be believed.

Case in point:  I recently visited SpaceNK, seeking a body scrub.  I specifically asked for something moderately priced, in a tube or a bottle, and NOT in a tub.  Personally, I cannot for the life of me understand why ANYTHING intended for the shower comes in a tub; you open the jar, it fills with water, you have to scoop it out, you no longer have a hand available to close the damn thing.  So what does the salesbabe show me?  The most expensive scrub in the store.  In a jar.  And she actually had the temerity to say that they don't carry anything in bottles or tubes, when on the shelf above, the shelf below, the shelf to the left and the shelf to the right, were tubes of body scrubs at one-third the price of the scrub she directed me towards.

To add insult to injury, she actually congratulated herself on helping me to find exactly what I was looking for when I shoved her out of the way and grabbed what I had asked for in the first place.  Remind me not to ask her or her colleagues to help me to find my dream hair product.....

No comments:

Post a Comment