Monday, August 27, 2012

Ah, Vacation

Its a time when one normally relaxes, gets away from it all, takes a time-out from day-to-day life.  After the stress of packing and dealing with airports that is. Speaking of packing and the stress of dealing with airports, nothing has exacerbated both more than the liquids restriction.  Now I have to 1) check my bag for most trips and 2) pay to do so.  Argh!  To avoid paying to check my bag on shorter trips, and to dodge having to haul a second suitcase devoted to skincare, I've learned to multi-task and make some substitutions that help me to squeeze through the security line for a two-day trip with a quart bag only.  Really!  Alas, for a longer vacation, I still have to check.

MULTI-TASKING ALLSTARS:  Replace eyemakeup remover and makeup remover with wipes.  I use the Neutrogena ones, and avoid Comodynes like the plague (they make me and everyone I know break out.)  Kiehl's Formula 133 does double duty as rinse out and leave in conditioner, and even helps to control frizz.  The best multi-tasker of all?  Aquaphor.  One tiny tube lets you leave behind lip balm, hand cream, foot cream and cuticle oil. 

JUST DON'T PACK IT: Shower gel.  Shaving cream.  Use the soap in the hotel, its fine.  Really.  Instead of your exfoliators, rub clean skin with a wet washcloth.  Full size anything? No way, decant it.  Buy travel size?  Don't waste your money (or despoil the environment.)  Re-use the containers you have, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment